Penn Therapy & Fitness Rittenhouse provides services for patients who need wheelchairs and custom mobility equipment. Our goal is to ensure positioning and mobility to maximize functional independence, promote postural alignment, improve breath support and prevent skin breakdown.
Penn Therapy & Fitness therapists can provide rehabilitation services to manage conditions requiring seating and mobility assistance including (but not limited to):
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscular dystrophy
- Orthopedic and pulmonary diseases
- Other neurologic diseases
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
Certified assistive technology professionals from Penn Therapy & Fitness work with patients to learn more about the latest technologies, determine current and future needs, receive proper instruction for device use and achieve optimal fitting and comfort.
Your Penn Therapy & Fitness therapist will work with you to develop a rehabilitation plan that’s right for you, including:
- One to one evaluation with an assistive technology professional, which will an equipment trial and seating selection
- An assessment for custom manual wheelchairs, power wheelchairs, seating and positioning products, and alternative drive systems for your individual needs
- Device training session to ensure comfort of use and safe handling
- Opportunity for caregiver training on the device
For more information on how you can benefit from working with a Penn Therapy & Fitness certified assistive technology professional, contact the Rittenhouse location at 215-893-2500.