Patients admitted to the Specialty Hospital at Rittenhouse, a long term acute care hospital (LTACH) come from all walks of life, and may be experiencing a wide variety of medical conditions. It is often a stressful and confusing time, as patients look ahead on the road to recovery, unsure of the path they will need to take to regain their health.
Our continuum of care ensures that your needs are managed around-the-clock by a team of medical professionals including:
- Case managers
- Consulting physicians with a variety of specialties such as: pulmonologists, nephrologists, infectious diseases
- Internal medicine physicians
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech pathologists
- Respiratory therapists
- Wound care nurse specialists
We act as a bridge to other services and therapies, helping you improve strength and health as you prepare for the road ahead. At the Specialty Hospital at Rittenhouse, we are committed to helping you meet and overcome those challenges in long term acute care.
To achieve this, we maintain high standards of both medical care and comfort, including:
- Around-the-clock on-site medical coverage
- Collaborative communication with your preferred physicians
- Complex medical services and diagnostics
- Daily physician-led multidisciplinary patient rounding
- In-depth pre-admission consultation to provide a seamless transition of care
- Outstanding therapy for individualized medical rehabilitation
- Spacious private rooms 19-bed intimate unit
- Our partnership with Penn Medicine ensures seamless access to your medical history through Penn’s electronic medical record. Our clinicians also reach out on a routine basis to discuss your medical needs to providers involved in your care, whether they are within Penn Medicine or other health systems.