Patients can be referred to the Penn Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine (Penn Rehab) or the Specialty Hospital at Rittenhouse for inpatient care by a physician, insurance company, discharge planner/social worker, home health agency, family member or self-referral.
Refer patients to the Good Shepherd Penn Partners referral center:
- Via phone, at 1-877-969-7342
- Via fax, at 215-893-6530
- Via email, at GSPPreferral@uphs.upenn.edu
Referring physicians should provide recent information on history and physical, medications, demographics and recent office visit dates. An admissions liaison will review this information to determine if a patient meets admission criteria. Other factors influencing patient admission include bed availability and the patient’s medical stability.
Why refer to Good Shepherd Penn Partners?
- Outstanding medical care linked to Penn Medicine’s support and physicians
- Access to one of the largest, most comprehensive continuum of care in our region
- Therapists experienced in treating medically complex patients as well as the physically and cognitively impaired
- Ability to take medically fragile patients in our long-term acute care hospital, with transitional rehabilitation programs available to move patients into the inpatient rehabilitation setting
- Integrated admissions staff for assistance in post-acute placement
- Outcomes measurements showing high discharge-to-home rates
- Leading-edge technology with capacity for telemedicine physician consults
- CARF accreditation for Stroke Specialty Program, Brain Injury Specialty Program, Spinal Cord Injury System of Care Program, Amputee Specialty Program and Comprehensive Rehabilitation Program