The physical, occupational and speech therapists at Penn Therapy & Fitness Pennsylvania Hospital are ready to help you regain function, mobility and relief through outpatient physical therapy. Located on the campus of Pennsylvania Hospital, the Penn Therapy & Fitness Pennsylvania Hospital offers access to a number of specialty care services—all at one convenient location.
Penn Therapy & Fitness Pennsylvania Hospital is also home to our innovative Dan Aaron Parkinson’s Rehabilitation Center, providing Parkinson's patients, their families and care partners with specialized rehabilitation services. Highly skilled certified physical, occupational and speech therapists provide specialized neurorehabilation for stroke care, neurologic or neurodegenerative conditions.
Our team is proud to collaborate with Penn Medicine's Parkinson Disease and Movement Disorders Clinic (PD&MDC), as well as the Comprehensive Outpatient Parkinsonism Clinic (COPE)- both of which provide multidisciplinary care to patients with Parkinson Disease and other parkinsonian syndromes. PD&MDC is recognized by the National Parkinson Foundation as one of 45 worldwide Centers of Excellence, and is one of the largest of its kind in the country.
Therapists also work with Penn Neuroscience to provide treatment to patients at the Huntington's Disease Center at Pennsylvania Hospital. It is designated as a Level 3 Center of Excellence Distinction from the Huntington's Disease Society of America (HDSA).
Penn Therapy & Fitness Pennsylvania Hospital
330 S. 9th Street, First Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
We'll develop a plan that’s right for you that includes:
- Activity modification education
- Education to help manage condition
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Range of motion exercises to regain flexibility
- Strengthening and stretching exercises
- Symptom management education
- Therapeutic pain management
Clinical Certifications & Specialties
- Allied Team Training for Parkinson graduates
- Certified Geriatric Clinical Specialists (GCS)
- Certified Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery ™ clinicians
- Certified Women's Health Clinical Specialists (WCS)
- LSVT® BIG and LSVT® LOUD certified therapists
- Lymphology Association of North America-certified and manual lymphatic drainage-certified therapists
- Therapists certified in the care of pelvic floor disorders
- Therapists certified in VitalStim® therapy for treatment of dysphagia