Advances in Throwing: Latest on Injury Treatment and Performance Optimization Symposium 2019
Saturday, March 2, 2019
7:15am - 3:00pm
Smilow Center for Translational Research, Arthur H. Rubenstein Auditorium
3400 Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA, 19104
Join Penn Orthopaedics again for a dynamic, one-day conference to learn about the latest tools and techniques for enhancing performance and treating injuries in the throwing athlete.
Through a series of panels, presentations and debates, we will discuss a wide range of topics designed to advance injury treatment and optimize performance for throwing athletes focusing on:
- Proper biomechanical principles to evaluate the kinetic chain
- Sound treatment for common injuries
- Optimizing training for peak performance
- Participants will be able to recall basic anatomy of the shoulder and elbow and recognize important structures and landmarks.
- Participants will be able to better execute special tests at the shoulder and elbow.
- Participants will be able to differentiate between labral injuries and rotator cuff injuries at the shoulder joint.
- Participants will be able to generate specific exercise programs to reduce the risk of throwing injuries with their athletes.
This program is intended for athletic trainers, coaches, physical therapists and physicians. Registration fee includes light breakfast and lunch.