Ensuring the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff is our first priority; therefore, Good Shepherd Penn Partners is exercising every precaution to protect against coronavirus/COVID-19.
How is Good Shepherd Penn Partners responding to COVID-19?
- All of our facilities, including outpatient locations, are hospital based, so we are held to a very high safety standard when it comes to cleaning and disinfecting patient rooms, therapy equipment, tables, common areas and high touch surfaces.
- We clean each piece of equipment before and after use and have increased the frequency of deep cleaning procedures in both inpatient and outpatient locations.
- In addition, our employees practice rigorous hand washing procedures and use personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate.
- We are implementing visitor restrictions at our inpatient facilities and companion restrictions for our outpatient facilities;
- Screening patients at outpatient facilities to ensure they are healthy upon arrival and are restricting access for anyone with fever or symptoms of a respiratory infection;
- Placing volunteer duties and activities on hold;
- Eliminating on-site visits from third-party vendors; and,
- Eliminating deliveries of food, flowers, etc. to patients.
Visitor restrictions in place at Good Shepherd Penn Partners
Effective, Friday, March 13, 2020, a strict visitation policy is in effect at each of our hospitals and outpatient facilities to protect the health of our patients and staff during the COVID-19 outbreak.
In inpatient facilities, no visitors will be permitted - except under extreme circumstances.
These extreme circumstances include:
- Visitation of an imminently dying patient
- One visitor to accompany patients for hospital discharge
In order to help screen visitors, our South Street entrance will be closed for the foreseeable future. Please enter through the Lombard Street entrance.
The health and safety of our patients is our first priority. Therefore, beginning March 17, 2020, Penn Therapy & Fitness will cancel "non-urgent" patient appointments and close the majority of our outpatient locations to protect against the spread of COVID-19. These measures comply with mandates from local government authorities as well as guidance from the CDC.
Based on guidance from the CDC as well as directives from local and state officials to observe “stay at home” orders, we will be extending the temporary closure of the majority of our Penn Therapy & Fitness sites through April 3, 2020.
- Existing Patients
- For those patients for whom continued in-person care is deemed essential by their referring physician and treating therapists: The Penn Therapy & Fitness locations at Cherry Hill, Radnor and University City will remain open.
- For all other patients: We will begin offering e-visits on Monday, March 30, to continue progress toward your goals. If you wish to access our care via virtual, e-visits, please call 1-877-969-7342.
- New Patients
- Please call 1-877-969-7342 to schedule an initial evaluation.
We will notify you as soon as we are able to re-open our facilities. In the meantime, if you have any questions or we can be of any help to you during this difficult time, please call 1-877-969-7342.
With strict visitor restrictions in place, how can I visit with my loved one?
Good Shepherd Penn Partners will offer alternative communication devices, such as phones, iPads and other technology, to help ease this inconvenience. If you would like to drop off a personal device for your loved one, we will accept it at the Lombard Street entrance.
Thank you, in advance for your cooperation and for trusting Good Shepherd Penn Partners with your care or the care of a family member.