Combined with our state-of-the-art AlterG® anti-gravity treadmill, Penn Therapy & Fitness therapists bring their clinical expertise to provide a unique patient experience program. Alter-G therapy reduces weight and enables patients and athletes to train while minimizing impact on joints.
Penn Therapy & Fitness therapists can incorporate Alter-G therapy to manage conditions including (but not limited to):
- Balance disorders from head trauma
- Cerebral palsy
- Musculoskeletal/arthritic/orthopedic conditions
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Pelvic fractures with weight bearing restrictions
- Spina Bifida
Our Alter-G allows patients to walk or run at 20 to 100 percent of their body weight, lowering the impact on joints and muscles during exercise. It may help reduce the time required for patients, particularly older adults, to recover from injury or surgery.
Your Penn Therapy & Fitness therapist can create a rehabilitation program including Alter-G that can be used as:
- Continued endurance training during injury recovery
- Added training workouts with limited body stress
- Reduced impact plyometric and strengthening exercises
- Pre- and post-surgical orthopedic rehabilitation
- Neurorehabilitation, including neuromuscular re-training
- Strengthening and conditioning for seniors
- Weight loss
Treated in conjunction with the Penn Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Gait and Biomechanics Lab, our Alter-G therapy can be incorporated into an existing rehabilitation program or used as a stand-alone tool for athletes looking to expand their training under the care of our sports and orthopedic therapists.
Our Alter-G outpatient therapy program is available at the following locations:
Penn Therapy & Fitness Rittenhouse: 215-893-2500
Penn Therapy & Fitness Conshohocken: 610-828-7595