The pulmonary services program at the Specialty Hospital at Rittenhouse serves patients who need pulmonary, respiratory and/or ventilator care requiring comprehensive medical, nursing, respiratory and rehabilitation services. The majority of our patients require a ventilator after surgical complications or infections. Our goal is to help manage your respiratory illness and educe the need for supplemental oxygen to help you achieve your highest possible level of independence.
What to Excect
Patients admitted to our pulmonary services program work closely with a physician-led team to become as stable as possible, and begin restorative therapies aimed at supporting recovery.
We provide a wide range of technologically-advanced care to patients, including:
- Skilled nursing
- Cardiac monitoring
- Aerosolized medications
- Airway management, clearance and chest physiotherapy modalities
- Comprehensive low-tolerance rehabilitation therapy
- FEES (Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing) to evaluate swallow function and provide treatment for dysphagia patients
- Fiberoptic bronchoscopy
- Noninvasive ventilator support
- Titration and monitoring of patient’s oxygen needs
Patients may also require antibiotic therapy, hemodialysis, nutritional support and wound care management. Other available services include airway clearance, chest physiotherapy, on-site radiology and non-invasive ventilator support.
Who Can Benefit From Our Program
Patients who benefit from our pulmonary services program include those with conditions such as:
- Respiratory failure and emphysema
- Cystic fibrosis
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Pulmonary hypertension and severe pulmonary disease
- Pre and post transplant