At the Specialty Hospital at Rittenhouse, we’re committed to helping patients regain their lives—one step at a time. The Specialty Hospital at Rittenhouse also serves as a bridge to other levels of care. Patients can transition to our inpatient rehabilitation unit (located in the same building), a skilled nursing facility, and home with outpatient therapy or home health care services.
Why we are right for you
We recognize that your journey is challenging. At the Specialty Hospital at Rittenhouse, we are committed to helping you meet and overcome those challenges through state-of-the-art technology, our comprehensive Penn Medicine network of skilled physicians, and compassionate care.
To achieve this, we maintain high standards of both medical care and comfort, including:
- Spacious private rooms
- 38-bed intimate unit
- In-depth pre-admission consultation to provide a seamless transition of care
- Around-the-clock on-site medical coverage
- Complex medical services and diagnostics
- Outstanding therapy for individualized medical rehabilitation
- Collaborative communication with your preferred physicians
- Daily physician-led multidisciplinary patient rounding
Our partnership with Penn Medicine ensures seamless access to your medical history through Penn’s electronic medical record. Our clinicians also reach out on a routine basis to discuss your medical needs to providers involved in your care, whether they are within Penn Medicine or other health systems.
At the Specialty Hospital at Rittenhouse, we’re equipped to meet your unique needs and challenges. We are a state-of-the-art, long-term acute care hospital, driven by innovative medicine, such as portable ventilators and Penn E-lert, a tele-monitoring system that allows staff to access additional medical expertise as needed.
- A unique, individualized plan of care developed and directed by a multidisciplinary physician-led team within our trusted Penn Medicine network.
- A multidisciplinary family meeting within the first 14 days of admission to understand your expectations and to connect you with the many staff members who will be involved in your care.
- Around-the-clock care, until you are stable enough to move on to the next level of your recovery—with an average stay of 25 days.
- Our care team works with you to determine your medical goals and what role rehabilitation therapy will play in meeting those goals.
- Our case managers help coordinate communication with your clinical team and insurance company.When it is time to continue on to the next phase of care your case manager will coordinate discharge to home or whatever setting you need.