At Penn Therapy & Fitness, we offer specialized physical therapy for patients with temporomandibular disorders (TMD). TMD patients often think that pain is caused by other issues with similar symptoms, such ear infections or ringing, dental problems, migraines, and sinus pain.
Penn Therapy & Fitness therapists can provide rehabilitation services to manage conditions related to TMD including (but not limited to):
- Jaw, neck or ear pain
- Difficult jaw opening: catching, locking or shifting
- Painful joint noises: clicking, popping, or grating
Penn Therapy & Fitness therapists work with patients to create an individualized plan of care that includes manual therapeutic treatment, corrective exercises and instruction in self-treatment. This comprehensive therapy helps patients decrease pain and to increase jaw function, while being empowered to prevent further injury.
Your Penn Therapy & Fitness therapist will work with you to develop a rehabilitation plan that’s right for you, including:
Our outpatient TMD therapy services are available at the following Penn Therapy & Fitness locations:
- Exercises to improve posture and flexibility including the neck and upper body
- Jaw exercises to maximize motion and improve movement function
- Education to help manage condition